Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  IWLeagueIWLeague  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Going over some basic rules

Go down 
+4
IWL]Rift
Shinta
PGS]Jen
Dronzer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dronzer
Admin
Dronzer

Number of posts : 950
Popularity : -25
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Going over some basic rules Empty
PostSubject: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 8:40 pm

Note that NGGL Never used a style that most leagues use, we Always keep nggl unique one way or another

nggl season 1 and 2 went by a format called D-Format made by myself
and then at season 3 we picked up the ngl style and changed it a bit
finally now at season 4 we're still using this "ngl" style that we changed up
a bit..

What's different is:

You MUST use the race indicated on your roster.
RaceCard developed by NGGL, is disabled during Qualifiers..
therefore YOU CANNOT CHANGE RACE DURING QUALIFIERS,
apparently epgl picked up nggl's style then went back to completely ngl style
Razz well have fun and no matter how much u complain about this rule it won't be
changed, because just changing race is biased in my opinion because leagues
are about challenge not for comfort

i dont think we have any other unique rules following to the edited ngl style
if there is the list it here plz Very Happy

on the other note
<-- personally i liked d-format ;D kept it too unique lol, but the teams didnt idk why >.>

it was basically 4 solos and 1 2v2 and your line-up determined the order of the games

you had a starting map, loser team picks nx map, including the 2v2 all bo1 Very Happy i thought it was imba lol using joker/sub cards Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.PGSeries.co.nr
PGS]Jen
administrator
administrator

Number of posts : 175
Popularity : 3
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyFri Feb 06, 2009 9:34 pm

Thinking about it now I thought the main reason people didn't like d-format was because of bo1. But that's what it is now so ..I dunno ^_^
Back to top Go down
http://www.seany.cschannel.net
Shinta

Shinta

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 3:29 am

NGGL]Dronzer wrote:
therefore YOU CANNOT CHANGE RACE DURING QUALIFIERS,
apparently epgl picked up nggl's style then went back to completely ngl style
Razz well have fun and no matter how much u complain about this rule it won't be
changed, because just changing race is biased in my opinion because leagues
are about challenge not for comfort

Eh that's stupid and stubborn. Race cards are really dumb imo, you should be allowed to change races after you've won your first game. That's how it should always be. And leagues aren't for challenge, that's what practice is for, and it's not for comfort because that's what for fun games are for. Leagues are for competitive game play. You do w/e it takes to win the match, whether it means playing dirty or winning plainly and simply, as long as you don't break the rules. And the rules should say, you may change races after the player has played at least once.
If a player is good enough to play two races, you only take away from that persons talent by limiting his capabilities. Also, you increase the comfort of the challenging team because you allow them to pick a player who is particularly good against the champions race, and you disable the champion from being able to counter sufficiently.
You decrease the challenge and increase the comfort by using your rules.

This rule should definitely be changed, no questions asked.
Look through the situation fully and you'll find that out.
Also bo1 wc3l format is kinda bad -.- especially if you enable race cards (shouldn't exist in the first place) and all this other nonsense. I appreciate your attempt to keep the game fresh, but a solid league is more important than petty experiments. That is why it began to succeed as it came close to original NGL format.
Back to top Go down
Dronzer
Admin
Dronzer

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 3:57 am

nice try shinta Very Happy
Back to top Go down
IWL]Rift
Admin

Number of posts : 240
Popularity : 4
Registration date : 2008-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptySat Feb 07, 2009 4:14 am

^ rofl I agree with Shinta.

The difference? At least I got him to cave and allow SOME variation (racecards)
Plus, I like the originality NGGL brings...Aside from WCO this is the only "original" league out there.

Plus, you're perfectly correct. He's DECREASING the challenge and INCREASING the comfort by effectively handcuffing players to one race.

Also I love men
Back to top Go down
NGGL]mijp

Number of posts : 15
Popularity : 0
Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 2:01 pm

Each league runs theirs in a unique way. But Shinta does make a point on how if a player can play two races he is only allowed to play one.

Btw love WCO style.
Back to top Go down
c4P
Admin

Number of posts : 337
Popularity : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 3:55 pm

this racecard decrease the comfort
Back to top Go down
http://www.myinfernal.com
Shayan

Number of posts : 12
Popularity : -3
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 5:13 pm

All you're doing is being unique for the sake of being unique. If you're going to make changes they should at least make sense, it is in no way unfair for one person to be able to flex their skill and change race according to map (after winning the first game ofc).

If one guy is a good UD but hes also, say, good as Orc on GW then he should be able to use his abilities to ensure he isnt owned up simply by something that is "imbalanced".

I understand what you say when you want to make it challenging but, like i said, it seems that you're being unique just for the sake of being unique. Hell, it seems that you haven't even gone over it with your admins.

EDIT: After reading Shinta's post i pretty much agree with what he said.
Back to top Go down
Dronzer
Admin
Dronzer

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:18 pm

lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PGS]Jen
administrator
administrator

Number of posts : 175
Registration date : 2008-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 6:40 pm

Players should be able to change race -.-
Back to top Go down
http://www.seany.cschannel.net
Shayan

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyThu Feb 19, 2009 7:48 pm

it seems arguing is pointless since dronzer is head admin and apparently didnt even discuss this with the other admins before making the decision

lol
Back to top Go down
PGS]tricksy
Admin
PGS]tricksy

Number of posts : 103
Popularity : -4
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 2:07 am

well dronzer is like a little kid, and as we all know he will always continue to do stupid shit for a stupid reason, i guess we have to deal with how immature he is =/
Back to top Go down
Dronzer
Admin
Dronzer

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 8:15 am

blizz considering ur younger and does even more stupid stuff idk lol
Back to top Go down
c4P
Admin

Number of posts : 337
Popularity : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 12:31 pm

hahah Shayan what u say makes rlly no sense, PLayers are allowed to change there race to Orc when the map is GW. just the point is they have to use a racecard for it. when u try to discuss bring some points :S
Back to top Go down
http://www.myinfernal.com
Shayan

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 4:50 pm

@ c4p

"
therefore YOU CANNOT CHANGE RACE DURING QUALIFIERS"

this is what im arguing against, also the whole idea of a race card during season play seems pretty stupid to me too but w/e i think this is for the admins to decide
Back to top Go down
Dronzer
Admin
Dronzer

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptyFri Feb 20, 2009 6:53 pm

well we're working on a project atm me shadow and some others, we're probably gonna make changes anyways by then so dont really complaint over qualifiers
Back to top Go down
Shinta

Shinta

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 6:46 am

NGGL]c4P wrote:
hahah Shayan what u say makes rlly no sense, PLayers are allowed to change there race to Orc when the map is GW. just the point is they have to use a racecard for it. when u try to discuss bring some points :S

Rofl you really don't get the point of "race cards are shit" do you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going over some basic rules   Going over some basic rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Going over some basic rules
Page 1 of 1